Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Coffeeneuring, Ride 1 of 7


This year I will be participating in the Coffeeneuring Challenge.  Coffeeneuring is a casual bicycle ride to a local coffee shop.  The Challenge is you must visit 7 different coffee shops between Oct. 5 and Nov. 17, 2013, the total ride length must be at least two miles, and you can only ride two days out of the week, normally this would be the weekend, but there are some exceptions.  This is the third year the event has been staged, full rules and description are here:

http://chasingmailboxes.com/2013/09/30/third-annual-chasing-mailboxes-coffeeneuring-challenge/

All rides must be recorded and submitted, I will using this Blog to record my rides.  Those successfully finishing the Challenge will be awarded a prize.  This is a perfect way to sort out the 1953 Sports, and exercise some of my other three speeds while enjoying the beautiful Fall mornings.  Today I completed my first of 7 rides, I visited LoCo (stands for Loudoun County) Joe's in Purcellville, VA.  A nice latte and butterscotch muffin for my first ride of 2.2 miles.

LoCo Joe, Purcellville, VA


1953 Raleigh Sports Tourist Model 23

Porch Entrance

Scenic Fall Latte

Menu Selection

The W&OD Bike Trail on the Way

No comments:

Post a Comment