Notice how the face plate and sides of the case have are bent. There was no movement of the trigger, the lever and ratchet were rusted together and insects had build a mud nest inside the case. In order to fix the bent case and faceplate, and to free up the internals I decide to drill out the case rivets and disassemble and clean.
Once apart I was able to straighten the case and faceplate. I also wanted to try restoring the paint on the faceplate, so I painted in the depression and then used steel wool to clean the excess paint.
Now that the case was straight and paint restored I was ready to reassemble. I originally thought I would make pins to replace the drilled out rivets, that would use a small 2-56 threaded nut on the small diameter of the pin to retain the internals to the case.
I did not have a 2-56 die on hand, so instead I decided to try and peen over the pins like the original rivets.
Worked good and looks original.
This is the 60 year old Model GC2 control back on the bike, ready for duty again.