Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fenders (a.k.a. Mudguards)

The tubes arrived and I got the tires mounted.  Now I can start adjusting the fenders stays to get a proper fender line.  I had to first tapped the rear fender eyelets that had been stripped.  These eyelets appear to be tapped for a 1BA (British Association) thread.  Normally they can tapped to a more common M5 x .8 metric thread; however, the stripped eyelets were already too large for this tap so I used a 1/4 x 28 UNF tap.



In the last post I stated I was going to try and used the NOS fenders I had, but needed to add fender stays.  I used Wald stays which I had to shorten and re-drilled for the eyelet bolts.



After final fitting and adjustment I primed and pained the modified stays.  Here they are mounted with the tires.  Next step will be cleaning the brakes and remounting.




No comments:

Post a Comment